Celebrating Black History Month
What You Will Learn:
- What is the origin story of Black history month and why do we still have it
- How other heritage months differ from Black history month
- Why do we separate Black history from general United States history
- What is dominant culture and how does it create an advantage
- How to address Black history month in your organization
- Why history often doesn’t mention races other than the dominant race
About Sara Taylor
Sara Taylor earned a master’s degree in Diversity and Organizational Development from the University of Minnesota. She served as a leadership and diversity specialist at the University of Minnesota for five years and as director of diversity and inclusion for Ramsey County, Minnesota for three years.
Sara is the founder and president of deepSEE Consulting and has worked with companies as large as Coca-Cola, General Mills, 3M Company, AARP, and numerous others. She has a new book, “Filter Shift: How Effective People See the World,” that explores how our unconscious is actually making choices and decisions for us, all without our knowing — and how to change that.
How to Connect with Sara Taylor: