Five Stages of Cultural Competence Part I
What You Will Learn:
- What are the five stages of cultural competence
- How to view each stage from a conscious and unconscious framework of awareness
- Why DEI work can be so tricky when considering the stages of cultural competence
- Where most of the population sits on this scale of awareness
- Why our best intentions in DEI work are often not enough based on our own conscious beliefs and perceptions
- How the Intercultural Development Continuum Model explains why people can have different perceptions of identical experiences
About Sara Taylor
Sara Taylor earned a master’s degree in Diversity and Organizational Development from the University of Minnesota. She served as a leadership and diversity specialist at the University of Minnesota for five years and as director of diversity and inclusion for Ramsey County, Minnesota, for three years.
Sara is the founder and president of deepSEE Consulting and has worked with companies as large as Coca-Cola, General Mills, 3M Company, AARP, and numerous others. She has a new book, “Filter Shift: How Effective People See the World,” which explores how our unconscious is actually making choices and decisions for us, all without our knowing — and how to change that.
How to Connect with Sara Taylor:
- Website: www.deepseeconsulting.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/deepSEESara @deepSEESara
- CNBC Closing the Gap