Five Stages of Cultural Competence Part II
What You Will Learn:
- How we see differences in each stage of cultural competence
- The specific areas of development that contribute to us getting stuck in one of the earlier stages
- Understanding why it’s so difficult to approach DEI work from stage four or five
- How our own judgments based on which stage we’re in can affect our perception of others
- Where most of the population sits on this scale of awareness
- Why the “us vs. them,” “good vs. bad” mentality continuously stagnates our cultural understanding
- How discomfort and fear play a role in the hesitancy to move into deeper stages of competence
About Sara Taylor
Sara Taylor earned a master’s degree in Diversity and Organizational Development from the University of Minnesota. She served as a leadership and diversity specialist at the University of Minnesota for five years and as director of diversity and inclusion for Ramsey County, Minnesota, for three years.
Sara is the founder and president of deepSEE Consulting and has worked with companies as large as Coca-Cola, General Mills, 3M Company, AARP, and numerous others. She has a new book, “Filter Shift: How Effective People See the World,” which explores how our unconscious is actually making choices and decisions for us, all without our knowing — and how to change that.
How to Connect with Sara Taylor:
- Website: www.deepseeconsulting.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/deepSEESara @deepSEESara
- CNBC Closing the Gap