From Blow Pops to Forbes’ Best Small Companies: Rob Dube started selling Blow Pops out of his locker in high school and is now President and co-founder of imageOne, which was ranked on the 2017 list of Forbes Small Giants: America’s Best Small Companies.
Throughout Rob’s 27 years of experience, he has developed an unwavering passion for delivering extraordinary experiences that positively impact the lives of his team members, the goals of their customers, and the fabric of the community. This unique approach to business has driven the company to success in its industry and acknowledgment as a top workplace. imageOne is the leading organization in Document Lifecycle Management and is well-known as an exceptional company, receiving local and national recognition for its strong focus on culture.
Rob is an avid meditator of 13 years, the author of donothing: the most rewarding leadership challenge you will ever take, and founder/organizer of the donothing Leadership Silent Retreat. In addition to his book, he is a contributor to Forbes, Thrive Global, and EO Octane.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- How an experience in college taught Rob the importance of culture, diversity, and extraordinary customer experience
- Why Rob believes a strong culture and a diverse team are important to delivering an extraordinary experience
- How Rob has built a reputation for creating and driving exceptional culture within his businesses
- How Rob sold his company and then realized that the culture of the new ownership wasn’t a match, and why he repurchased his company
- How Rob and his partner came to define their purpose as “delivering the X” to everyone, every day, every time
- How reading Small Giants by Bo Burlingham changed the way Rob views business leadership and growth
- How an experience while researching for his book, Do Nothing, taught Rob the importance of understanding and getting to know your team
- What advice Rob would offer to any business leader starting off on a path of diversity and inclusion
- What resources Rob recommends as valuable assets for building a strong and vibrant business culture
How to connect with Rob Dube:
- Website: www.donothingbook.com
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/robdube/
- Twitter: @robddube
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/rob.dube.1
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/robddube/
- Small Giants by Bo Burlingham: https://amzn.to/2Ufbpkz
- Traction by Gino Wickman: https://amzn.to/2CSIKXV
- The Great Game of Business by Jack Stack and Bo Burlingham: https://amzn.to/2FV9vN2
- Website: www.smallgiants.org
- Website: www.zingtrain.com