Understanding the Root Causes of Microaggressions
What You Will Learn:
- What are the four different root causes of microaggressions
- What are unconscious filters, and how do they impact our associations
- How do we typically respond or act based on filter associations
- How does our lack of exposure to different cultures, regions, or experiences affect our associations
- What are the three different ways that someone can be partially conscious of microaggressions
- What seven strategies can you take to reduce your likelihood of microaggressions
About Sara Taylor
Sara Taylor earned a master’s degree in Diversity and Organizational Development from the University of Minnesota. She served as a leadership and diversity specialist at the University of Minnesota for five years and as director of diversity and inclusion for Ramsey County, Minnesota for three years.
Sara is the founder and president of deepSEE Consulting and has worked with companies as large as Coca-Cola, General Mills, 3M Company, AARP, and numerous others. She has a new book, “Filter Shift: How Effective People See the World,” that explores how our unconscious is actually making choices and decisions for us, all without our knowing — and how to change that.
How to Connect with Sara Taylor: