What is Diversity? With Sara Taylor
What You Will Learn:
- The value of answering the question “what is diversity?”
- How diversity was once defined, compared to the way organizations are encouraged to define it today.
- What aspects or characteristics of a person should be calculated into “diversity” metrics and where to draw the line.
- The limits organizations face when trying to implement diversity programs.
- The importance of finding out why people with specific identities are not finding their place in your organization.
About Sara Taylor
Sara Taylor earned a master’s degree in Diversity and Organizational Development from the University of Minnesota. She served as a leadership and diversity specialist at the University of Minnesota for five years and as director of diversity and inclusion for Ramsey County, Minnesota, for three years.
Sara is the founder and president of deepSEE Consulting and has worked with companies as large as Coca-Cola, General Mills, 3M Company, AARP, and numerous others. She has a new book, “Filter Shift: How Effective People See the World,” which explores how our unconscious is actually making choices and decisions for us, all without our knowing — and how to change that.
How to Connect with Sara Taylor:
- Recession Report: https://www.greatplacetowork.com/resources/reports/recession-report